Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No Ouches, March 24, 2010

So, of course, I've been focused on my hurts because that is the title of this blog. My life is not about sadness. I have just forgotten to document the 80% wonderful while I was focusing on the 20% hard. So, today I was making tomato soup. I roasted the fresh tomatoes and the whole house smelled sweet and tangy and like summer. Later, I melted olive oil with sweet butter, then added onions, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. The aroma was like being wrapped in a olfactory snuggie. Of course, I couldn't smell the red pepper flakes, but I knew they were there. Kind of like you know you have a great date that evening and you are anticipating future events. So, red pepper flakes are expected to bring great pleasure just because you know they are on the horizon.
Another non-ouch: Walter, my crazy, adorable, funny, demanding, affectionate, rescue dog. He is a miniature schnauzer. He is dependable. He will always be exuberant when I return home. Even if I have only been absent for an hour. He is very predictable because he will, in his own schnauzer way, chastise me if I am gone for more than a day. He is so adorable and so disappointed in my neglect that I am reconsidering my occasional vacation plans. The ultimate compliment to doggie personality: I am reorganizing my life to accommodate my schnauzer's whims. By the way, I only work two days a week. He gets lots of long walks and a 5 mile run twice a week. And I feel I need to justify my commitment to nothingness. No one reads this blog but I still feel guilty.

No comments: